Thursday, May 10, 2007

What level SPF for a creature of the night?

I am a Son worshiper, not a sun worshiper. I am the result of a thousand generation breeding program to develop the perfect denizen of the dark. Content to while away the daylight hours in my cave lit only by a flickering CRT or LCD. Fortunately I am often able to convince my bride to remain inside with me, avoiding the bright yellow sun (Yesss, insside. It hurts us it does. Yeesss, stay inside with us and our Preccciousss.)

So why bring this up now? Well, the sister of the bride and brother-in-law of the bat possess a boat. A rather large, sea-worthy vessel. We are going to visit them soon and just may be going in said boat on a 4-day trip to the Bahaman island of Bimini.

Can you even imagine the sunshine overload I could be exposed to!?! While I don't burst into flames in the first seconds of exposure, I do turn a nice lobsterry shade of red. And it hurts us it does. So if you have some uninvested funds lying around, put them in sunscreen. I hear demand is rising.

1 comment:

rhon said...

Alas, we will not be going down to Bimini on the boat but I will drag you to the beach as often as possible. Ever see that episode of The Munsters when they went to the beach? It was weird.